Practicum in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Learn the foundations and principles of MBSR.
- Understand the theory and science behind MBSR.
- Understand MBSR and other mindfulness-based interventions.
- Develop concrete skills in offering MBSR.
- Reflect on your experience of taking the MBSR program and how this might inform your teaching.
- Understand the themes, teaching components and flow of the program
- Completion of an eight-week MBSR course as a participant. The 5 day MBSR portion of the 9 Day Practicum can now count toward this prerequisite. Note: If you do not have a live 8 Week MBSR class in your area, you can explore various online options.
- Participation in one or more 5-10 day silent, teacher led mindfulness meditation retreats.
- Regular daily mindfulness meditation practice.